Hello World! This Blogging Bear has been out of the store on Maternity Leave for the past few months and it’s like a brand new world here at the Paddington Family of Stores! So much has happened and so many fun and exciting adventures have been had. Here is a look into our last few months:
- Our Blind Date with a Book special helped us raise $200 for the Friends of the Library. What was a Blind Date with a Book, you ask? For $3 or more (your choice!), a plain wrapped book, selected by the genre only, may be purchased! It was the perfect self-care moment- a quiet sit down with your favorite beverage (and a snack, in this Bear’s opinion) to enjoy the unknown title!
- The Holmes House Hospice Center is the only stand-alone residential hospice in Southern Oregon dedicated to hospice care. This facility allows family members to spend time with their loved ones in their final days. We have been working with Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice to sponsor a bookshelf at the Holmes House, which we are filling with a collection of children’s books. We hope these books will allow loved ones to spend precious moments with their little ones in their lives- especially during an emotional and traumatic time. The books we have taken to the House were generously donated by our Book vendors, who were happy to join us in supporting this wonderful cause- one very near and dear to
- our hearts.
- Pam attended several Gift and Trade Shows.
- She was a featured speaker at the National Stationery Show in New York, where she discussed the benefits and trials of owning multiple stores. She also had the opportunity to see the newest trends and styles coming out in the ever-changing stationary world. (Several of the new styles of cards have already begun to appear on our shelves- the Star Wars line from Papyrus-Recycled and the Americana line from Avanti!)
- While at the Dallas Market, she met with several of our clothing vendors. Pam also had the opportunity to meet the owners of some of our vendors- such as Catherine from Catherine Lilywhites! (One of our wonderful clothing lines featured ta the Paddington Jewel Box)
- Kelly and Pam spoke at a Women Entrepreneurs of Southern Oregon (WESO) seminar, where they discussed our Preferred Customer program, community events and partnering with fellow small businesses. During the question and answer portion of their seminar, they were able to give business advice to fellow women entrepreneurs.
The fun did not stop with these exciting adventures! We spent Fourth of July in the park with our Pop-Up Store, celebrated Harry Potter’s Birthday, experienced a wild First Friday, received several pallets of new product and attended other gift shows.
The next few months will be equally exciting! Kelly and Joe are in New York this week, Pam is heading to Las Vegas for the MAGIC clothing show, our display team is preparing for back to school, our event coordination team is gearing up for our BIG fall events and our fall/winter holiday product has begun to arrive! Changes are coming and we are ready!!!