Chef Marilyn Moore joined us last weekend to demonstrate our awesome Spiralizers! She not only showed our customers how the Spiralizer worked, but gave us ideas on how to best use it at home. She made zucchini and carrot noodles and paired them with Fresh Basil Pesto! It was such an amazing hit with our customers, she decided to share her recipe with us!
Chef Marilyn’s Fresh Basil Pesto
2 cups fresh basil leaves (no stems)
3 TBSP toasted pecans
2 large garlic cloves
1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Blanche basil leaves in boiling water for 15 seconds.
- Shock in ice water to stop the cooking process, and dry on paper towels.
- Place garlic and pecans in food processor; whirl away for 1 minute.
- Add basil and cheese, and process again.
- Drizzle in olive oil to desired consistency.
- Add finishing salt (Marilyn recommends Salinity Salt’s ‘Rosemary Garlic’).
Blanching the basil keeps the pesto green and fresh.
To raise the bar, add rosemary!