Barbecued Chicken Pizzas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of Vintner's barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side, basting frequently with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce during the last 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut into cubes.
- Divide dough in half. On a well-greased large sheet of heavy-duty foil, press each portion of dough into a 10x8-in. rectangle; brush lightly with oil. Invert dough onto grill rack; peel off foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until bottom is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Spread grilled sides with remaining barbecue sauce. Top with cheese, chicken and onion. Grill, covered, until bottom is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Our Secret Ingredient: Vitner's BBQ Sauces
- Bourbon & Cherry: Thick, sweet, tart and slightly spicy for a barbeque sauce bursting with flavor. A delight on chicken, pork, beef or pizza.
- Chocolate & Chipotle: This smokey, sweet sauce has just the right amount of after burn. It is perfect in homemade baked beans or on chicken thighs.
- Habanero & Pineapple: Use in place of your favorite hot sauce. The spice is complimented perfectly with sweet tropical notes.
- Mango Apricot Habanero: Sweet and Spicy for a barbeque sauce with a little extra kick.
Available for purchase in 12 ounce jars
recipe and image courtesy of tasteofhome.com